Winter Semester in Jerusalem is by far the best semester to go. It was perfect weather most of the time and you get the best holidays! Easter, Palm Sunday, Passover, etc. Mhmmm. My life is gewd!
We had lots of free time in the morning so a couple of us decided to go play soccer with the kids just down the street. They were so sweet and so much fun!
The kids thought Chloe was so funny. :)
I feel like my roomie Jennie describes it best. :)
"The Palm Sunday walk was soooo cool. There were soo many pilgrims there and just people from every where speaking all different languages and singing their own songs and waving palm branches in the air! It was so cool and so CROWDED. Our little group of JC students belted out hymns for a good 20 minutes, and other Christians joined in on the ones they recognized. There was one point when we started singing "How Great Thou Art" and I could see people all around joining in in their own languages and I just about died. It was so beautiful and precious and adorable and magical and happy and how it should be. It was so neat and I think people really liked hearing our hymns (compared to the marching band style music everywhere else or the little cheerleader girls doing Jesus cheers haha... AWESOME, but different than hymns). I just loved it. So many people gathering together to worship their Savior. It was also just nice to be around so many Christians! Doesn't happy very often. Loved it, loved it, loved it. ♥"
We had lots of free time in the morning so a couple of us decided to go play soccer with the kids just down the street. They were so sweet and so much fun!
The kids thought Chloe was so funny. :)
My team won. BOOM.
These are the children that Tyson and I adopted. Cute right?
Palm Sunday was probably one of the coolest experiences I've ever had. I got to follow the steps of the Savior down the Mount of Olives through Lion's Gate and into the Old City. This was when the Savior voluntarily came to Jerusalem on the donkey to face all those who were against him.
I feel like my roomie Jennie describes it best. :)
"The Palm Sunday walk was soooo cool. There were soo many pilgrims there and just people from every where speaking all different languages and singing their own songs and waving palm branches in the air! It was so cool and so CROWDED. Our little group of JC students belted out hymns for a good 20 minutes, and other Christians joined in on the ones they recognized. There was one point when we started singing "How Great Thou Art" and I could see people all around joining in in their own languages and I just about died. It was so beautiful and precious and adorable and magical and happy and how it should be. It was so neat and I think people really liked hearing our hymns (compared to the marching band style music everywhere else or the little cheerleader girls doing Jesus cheers haha... AWESOME, but different than hymns). I just loved it. So many people gathering together to worship their Savior. It was also just nice to be around so many Christians! Doesn't happy very often. Loved it, loved it, loved it. ♥"
Bought ready to go. :)
I adore these people
Starting off in this church. You can see Christ on the donkey in the back.
Current relationship status. :)
Matt being mysterious.
Ascending the road up to Lion's gate along with thousands of pilgrims from all over the world.
What an amazing experience.
Our Savior voluntarily came to this world and descended to Jerusalem to perform the ultimate act of love. He knew the pain that he was about face and yet he came down, just as Joseph Smith said, "I am like a lamb going to the slaughter, but I am as calm as a summer's morning." His sacrifice is the victory we can celebrate. For He lives! Let us take time everyday to thank our Heavenly Father for the sacrifice of His Beloved Son.
"He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart."






No comments:
Post a Comment