Bethlehem was definitely a lot different than I imagined it to be. But it was just as wonderful. It so awesome because it was the day that I had submitted my papers to serve a mission.
Here is the Herodion, King Herod's palace.

Here is the Herodion, King Herod's palace.
I was feeling particularly asian that day. Little did I know that it was my destiny...... :))
We make Herod's Palace look gewd.
We even explored the giant cistern!
The Church of the Nativity, the traditional place that Christ was born.

:)
The original floor of the church.
The spot where Christ was supposedly born.
The tomb for the babies that were slain by Herod's solidiers in search for the Christ was to reign all of Israel.
Delicious pita and hummus for lunch! With lamb, pork, and beef kabobs! Israel you are too good to my thighs.
The churches that commemorate the Shepherd's fields. The left is the Catholic Church of the Shepherd's fields. The right is the Greek Orthodox Church of the Shepherd's fields.
The Shepherd's Fields. Where the Shepherds first saw the star that signaled the birth of our loving Savior who came into the world to live and to die for us.
We had a while to contemplate the birth of Christ and pondered in our minds what it meant to us.
I know that the Savior came into the world to give us his matchless gift of the Atonement. I am so grateful for the life he lived, he really is the Son of God, the great Jehovah. I will forever be indebted to him and his great atoning sacrifice for us.
Later on in the week we watch "The Nativity Story," it is a historical account of the birth of Christ. I really liked it, it wasn't made by the church, but it gave a more broad view of what happened. As we watched the birth of Christ at the end of the movie I felt this overwhelming calm come over me. I knew that my call had been assigned in that moment, I felt very strongly that wherever I was called that it would be the Lord's will and I would be forever changed by it. I started to cry and my roomie Jennie next to me asked me what was wrong and I whispered to her that it my call had been assigned. She squealed with delight.
I ran to my laptop after the movie was over and I saw an email from my dad that said. "IT'S BEEN ASSIGNED!!!!" I said a silent prayer at that moment of gratitude for the opportunity I had to serve the Lord. I was so overwhelmed that I kinda freaked out my family when I called them and was crying hysterically.....yeah that was awkward. Sorry not sorry guys.
Overall, the Lord is mindful of our every need. He knows what path we must take in our lives, we just need to make ourselves available to the sweet whisperings of the spirit to guide us in our lives. I am so grateful for the Spirit, it's comforting influence has been such a huge blessing in my life. I love this gospel.







oh anne, you're awesome. I was with your mom and tanner in a crowded noisy mall food court when you called and burst into tears--funny how we were having totally opposite experiences. You're leaving so soon ! weird!
ReplyDelete