I absolutely loved this field trip. We went to the Archaeological Museum and saw one of the higher class homes that was near the the Temple during the Second Temple period. It is called the Burnt House because of the fire that happened. Most of the pictures are on the steps that led up to the arches of the Temple Mount that we can be certain that the Savior walked.
On the left is the remnants of the arch that led into the Temple Mount that many people would walk over to enter to worship.
Behind me is the one of the archways that people would enter the Temple Mount during the time of Christ. It is certain that Christ was on these steps teaching principles of the gospel. <3 <3
We moved further into the Jewish Quarter to the Upper Room. Where they would of had the Last Supper
There is a Church above it and we got to sit and enjoy this priest sing a song of worship.
He was one of the sweetest men. :) He had a beautiful voice and was so kind to let us go down into the basement of the Church to experience the whole building.
We ended the day at the Church of the Holy Sepluchre
When we got home that afternoon we all tried to study as much as we could for our classes. I checked my email and my mom sent me this picture.
IT'S HERE!!!!!!
I was freaking out!!! I was running all over the center trying to calm down all the adrenaline running through me. I took a shower and put on church clothes and I sat on my balcony, as time was coming close to do google chat with my family, I wrote in my journal my thoughts and feelings. I thought for sure I was going state-side and I was excited. But it really didn't matter to me where I went. I just wanted to serve the Lord. I received a blessing from Dr. Bench and he promised me I would have success as a missionary, but it would be very hard. I felt peace afterwards and started my google chat with my family.
Dear Sister Staples
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the...
JAPAN TOKYO MISSION! You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on July 17,2013. You will prepare to teach in the Japanese language.
HOLY CRAP. Not going to lie people but I was feeling the spirit so strongly as I was reading the first line, but when I saw where I was going. I was terrified. I have never been so scared and overwhelmed in my life. I kept on thinking, "There is no way, no way I can do this." I had to keep on looking at it to make sure I hadn't read it wrong. But it was true. I am going to Tokyo Japan!!
After a couple weeks of recovery, really people it took weeks to recover from my call. I know that the Lord has the right thing in mind for me. I know that every single missionary is called to a divinely inspired state or country to serve God's children. I know that the Prophets and apostles are men of God. I am so grateful to be able to serve the Lord.









No comments:
Post a Comment