Sunday, January 4, 2015

Anne's email 11-2-14

Dahhhhhhh!! Transfer calls always come so fast but, sister Howe is
transferring out and I am training a new sister. When the assistants
called and told me I was like, "again!?" But hey it will be good. I
think this sister is going to train me into being a better missionary
and I am excited. I think I will probably be with this new sister for
the rest of my mission. It's crazy! Missions go by way fast! Now I get
to tell you about my bombing week!

We had interviews with the mission president on Wednesday and I got a
lot of good advice for the area when we did that. I am very excited
for Chiba Ward and what the Lord is doing with the people here.

We went to a high school to help them with their English speaking
contest and the teachers let us talk with the girls and we were about
to give four book of Mormons out to the girls and we sang christmas
songs with them and taut them about what the true meaning of Christmas
was and that Christmas songs were actually about Jesus Christ. They
were all so excited and jUmping up and down as we gave them a gift,
the Book of Mormon! We are excited to follow up with them next week to
see if they had read it. Right after that we rode our bikes to the
church to have gyoza and a lesson with ai chan and her member friend
Airin. It was soooooo cute when we gave her the Book of Mormon, she
said, "I have been watching airin and the other young women at church
on Sunday with their book of Mormons and wished I had one, now I have
one of my own and I am so excited!" It made our hearts go pitter
patter when her friend testified to her in her broken English saying,
"I love Jesus. He has made me happy, I know you can be happy from this
book." Soooooo sweet!!! Member friends are the best!!!

On Thursday we had a lesson with a potential investigator who doesn't
have tons of interest yet but we are praying her heart will be open
soon. We had a lesson with Christa after that and made a date for her
to go to the temple to do baptisms for the dead on November 28. We are
excited!

On Saturday we had a stake seminary activity with the youth and it was
sooooo cool! It was all about the Book of Mormon and you had to pay to
get food with "Mormons" paper money and stuff. It was so fun! They
split the youth up in groups and they were supposed to prepare one
hour lesson on the restoration, plan of salvation, and the gospel of
Jesus Christ to king Lamoni (some stake leaders dressed up in Book of
Mormon outfits" sister Howe and I were the coaches for our group and
were supposed to give the youth ideas and tips on how to teach and
stuff. When we first got in there. Everyone in our group was just
staring at the table and nobody would talk to coordinate it, all I
could think is, "this is gunna be rough." I tried to give them
pamphlets, parables, and pictures for their lessons and the girls took
it good but the boys were just falling asleep. Haha. When we all
walked in the room where "king Lamoni" was they all sat in front of
him and tried to teach him the gospel. The missionaries weren't
allowed to say anything just give subtle hints. It was kind of rough
in the beginning and I had to cover my face a couple times but then it
all turned around and they started to teach by the spirit for the last
half hour and there testimonies were sooooo powerful! They were such
amazing teachers and by the end king Lamoni was like,"I want to be
baptized!! " at the end every one in the room accepted to be baptized.
I was sooooo proud of them, I was sooooo giddy afterwards! They are
going to be amazing missionaries!

Saturday night we had a lesson with Rika about the restoration and we
watched the video and it was sooooo good! We taught her the importance
of baptism and showed her the baptismal font and she accepted to
invitation to be baptized on November 30 if she feels this message is
true! Soooo good!! We are so excited for her!!

It was such a good week and we have seen so many tender mercies from
the lord. I love Chiba!! I know that God takes care of his children
and answers there every prayer. I love you all!


Love, Sister Staples




Haruka!

No comments:

Post a Comment