Sunday, January 4, 2015

Anne 12-14-14

So. Good News! We had transfer calls today. Chiba is officially my last area! I will finish training sister Sakamoto here. It's crazy to think that it is my last transfer! But I am soooooooo glad I get to be in Japan during this time of the year! It is sooooo cold, working is sooooo hard, but Jesus Christ is soooooooo good. It makes it worth it. :) For example, today we handed out "He is the gift" I am a mormon cards while we played the "He is the gift" video on my ipad by the train station and it was soooo good! A lot of people got to learn about the true meaning of christmas! We didn't get any numbers or anything, some random guys tried to get OUR number and invited us to get a drink, that was awkward. I should of told them I was a nun. Anyways!


This weeek was pretty stinking good! THis letter is going to be a shorter one, forgive me please! I wish I could write longer one. I will write the ooooey gooooey email for the birthday people next week. I am so sorry I am so terrible! BUT I LOVE YALL! Ai chan has had exams that past two weeks so we have had a hard time meeting with her but we should be able to meet with her this wednesday before eikaiwa. Her best friend airin (member) and sister sakamoto and I are putting writing notes in a little book of mormon stories children's book for her to read so the book of mormon can get easier to read for her. Airin is excited to give it to her.


We went to Aiko's house this week for a lesson on wednesday morning and talked to her about the plan of salvation and she said she really wants her daughter to go on a mission and be like us. She asked us what she can do to help her do that we talked to her about the commandments, having faith in christ, and receiving baptism. We got into a good discussion about being baptized and how important it is for us to have that covenant with our heavenly father. We extended Jan. 18 for her to be baptized and she said she would like to see a baptismal service before then and she would talk to her husband about that date to be baptized.


Sato san who is always sooo good about coming to church missed church on sunday because she accidentally slept in. She asked us if we could meet on Sunday night and we went with her to the Christmas devotional that was playing in Japanese at the church and she LOVED IT. Oh my goodness, she was just beaming afterwards. She kept on telling us how different this church is and how wonderful she feels in it. She says she wants to try her best to come closer to christ and try harder in her study of the book of mormon and prayer. We extended baptism to her and she said she would pray about Feb. 1 to be baptized.


I am so incredibly blessed to be able to work in Chiba til the end of my mission. I am learning so much here and I love the members so much. God is soooo good. I love this work and all that it has taught me. I hope I can always continue to do missionary work and be involved in it after my mission. This work has changed me so much and I am so grateful for it. I love you all and will see you next week!


Mom, tell me what time you want to skype on christmas eve and I will make it work. Love ya!


Love, Sister Staples

ステイ姉妹と坂本姉妹より


末日聖徒イエスキリスト教会



Okay,let's get real. Ima show mom and dad this place. It's awesome.



Our Christmas corner :)))))

After a long exhausting day. I get to blow up my favorite Christmas decoration. That hour was so worth it. still dizzy. So happy. Thanks mom!!



View from apartment window










No comments:

Post a Comment