Sunday, January 4, 2015

Anne's email 12-22-14

Merry Christmas Y'all. I am excited to see your cute faces this week
and in a couple weeks! Wooohoo. BUT. I don't ever want this work to
end! I love it! These last couple months have been the best of my
mission and I am so grateful for what it has taught me!

It's getting soooooo cold. It is soooo windy and humid cold here. I
have to wipe my tag off when I get home sometimes because it is so
stinking wet and cold! DAH! BUT THE WEATHER AINT STOPPING THE MIRACLES
THATS FOR SURE!! WOOOOO!!

On Tuesday we met with Nanako Shimai and taught her about the Tree of
Life and holding onto the iron rod and staying firm to the gospel of
jesus christ. She has so many temptations going on right now she needs
the gospel to keep her steady. After that lesson she seems to be so
committed. She is fully participating with the ward now and is so
comfortable with everyone! It's so wonderful!

We had lunch with Aiko on Wednesday and she is adorable. I love her so
much! We talked more about baptism and she said that her husband isn't
really wantin to give her permission to be baptized so she says she is
going to talk with her inlaws over the new year and get there
"blessing" I guess, I dunno. But we need to pray for her like crazy!
We also met Ai chan that night and we practiced for the Flash mob that
we are doing on the 23rd. WE ARE DOING A FLASH MOB AS MISSIONARIES!! I
am so excited! We are going to sing joy to the world and silent night
in a mall. Someone please explain flash mob to mom and dad. The church
Liahona magazine is supposed to come and record us doing it! So
excited!!!

I called Sato San on the phone on Friday and had a wonderful lesson
with her on the phone. She is feeling god's presence more and more in
her life and I am so happy for her! She said, "we really aren't alone
in this life, I feel his love so much!" DAHHH I LOVE HER! SHe is like
80 something and I can hardly understand her old japanese but its
soooo good anyway!

SATURDAY. Oh man that was a day. We woke up at 5:30 to go jogging with
a potential investigator/english student at Chiba park and talk to her
about the gospel as we ran. SOOOOO COOLLLLDD. Her name was Naoko and
she studied christianity in high school and really liked it. It was so
good and we got to meet lots of really nice old people. We taught kids
english class after that and showed angels realms of glory--piano guys
and david arch song-- to a mom afterwards and she was so taken back by
the spirit of it and it was so good!

SATURDAY NIGHT>Ward christmas Party. Oh man! WHat a night that was! We
had like 15 investigators come and they just filled into the church
with their friends that they brought and me and sister sakamoto were
just welcoming them in and rounding them up into the chapel for the
program and we couldn't stop smiling. Yasuko, Aiko, Puja, Junko, Sato,
Sato's Friend, Chichibu Shimai and her son, all of the recent converts
and there friends, Naoko, Kids english students, almost all of our
english students, a nearby high school that we volunteer at the
english club, all the students in the club came and sang a song for
the ward. IT WAS SOOOO AMAZING!!! Our investigators brought friends
and introduced them to Christ and it was soooo good. With so many
investigators they had a million kids with them too. THe kids had a
separate program and they were all new so they were nervous about
being alone with stranger kids but we didn't want our investigators to
miss their program so a whole bunch of ladies from the ward helped us
out and sister sakamoto and I played with all of them, we had 8 kids
from India, China, Japan, and America running all over the room and I
didn't know what to do with myself. They all spoke different languages
and I was trying to figure out how to help them all. Me and Sister
Sakamoto didn't have a moment to take pictures and we are just relying
on our investigators to post them. Such a miraculous night. I was so
happy when I got home.

Yesterday for church a lady from brazil came and sister sakamoto just
taught her in portuguese and talked to her the whole time during
church and I just smiled. It was quite relaxing I must say. Felt
gewwwwd. Haha.

Ah man I love this work so much! It is so good! I love you all and
hope that this season brings you so many sweet memories. I love my
Savior so much. He is so kind, he is so good to us. I am so grateful
for his sacrifice. I love you all and have a Merry Christmas!!

Love, Sister Staples

ステイ姉妹と坂本姉妹より

末日聖徒イエスキリスト教会


Sick in bed in the morning during study and your package came!!!! Perfect medicine!!








I am pretty sure the Brazilian was more excited than me. haha.



Christmas is looking gewwwwd.



Getting ready to welcome people to the Christmas party!



Bike ride to Denley's for a christmas party with some members in the ward



JAPAAAAAAN.





Today's sunset with Mt. Fuji. WOOOOHOOO!! Fuji means eternal life. Mt. Fuji is so important in Japan. People always get so happy when they can see it here.



CLOSSSERRR.

No comments:

Post a Comment