Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Taste of Turkey! - Day 4

Okay kids. Lets get down to business. I am the worst blogger/journal writer in the world. It is not my strong suit, and I don't enjoy writing things down. I'm trying my hardest to be better at it. I'm entering the MTC in 3 weeks. HOLY CRAP. So I need to get my thoughts down about Jerusalem before I embark on my next adventure!

FLASHBAAAAAACK!!!

To oh so beautiful Assos! Oh my goodness, what a stunning part of Turkey. Assos is referred to in the writings of Paul, see Acts 20. It overlooks the Aegean Sea and Lesbos island. Here is a model of the Temple of Athena that is on top of this glorious hill.




Lesbos Island :)) 


Liiiiiindee. Looooooove her.


The Temple of Athena



Lindee, Swag, and Ma-self.


I seriously can't get over how stunning this day was. 

After we made a stop for lunch we headed right on over to Pergamon. HOLY. SOOOO EXCITED FOR THIS ONE.

So was Tori.


Poor lassy, she is terrified of tram rides up steep hills.


IABOUTPASSEDOUT.

The acropolis that stands on top of this glorious part of Turkey is a place were Paul came to preach the gospel.


Temple of Trajan. Freaking heck.


I can't believe my life right now.

Mr. Oram. I'M IN PERGAMON


Windiest day ever. Coolest day ever.




HEY YOU CUTIES.


Practice teaching the gospel in Pergamon with my lovely companion Jenessa to THE Hunter Reynolds. Just as Paul did to the people who lived in this great city. OH SHOOT.


These are the steps that once led up to the Temple of Zeus, which now has been moved to a museum in Berlin, Germany. Studied that in AP Art History in high school. See? You do actually learn things from high school!

No comments:

Post a Comment