Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Taste of Turkey! - Day 5

Can't get enough of this place. :))) I thought my life couldn't get better after yesterday. WRONG.


Entering into the Basilica of St. John. Also known as the traditional spot for St. John's tomb.

Here it is:






A baptismal font in St. John's Basilica. Very fitting. 



Okay guys. ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE? This now is Ephesus which is about a 5 minute drive from St. John's Basilica. It is huge. HUGE. This ancient city takes forever to move through. But you are basically dying of awesomeness the whole time. Soitsokay.


Gymnasium, where men would lather up in olive oil and wrestle. Lots. Okay moving on.


It's Nike! This carving is what the Nike brand is based off of. 


Can't. Stop. Smiling. :D



Acts 19. CHECK IT OUT. I'm in the Bible right now!!


The Library of Ephesus. BOOKS. :))) HAHA. KATE.


ISN'T IT STUNNING?


I don't always wear pants that are too short for me but when I do, I'm awkward.


Jenessa!!!!


Main road in Ephesus.


In St. Mary's Church with Aubs.

We stopped at this cute little restaurant afterwards and I wish I would of gotten a picture! But the two ladies there made a home cooked meal for 90 people. It was cray cray good. 

Next stop. Prienne!


Temple of Athena. Who knew right?



Hey lady, you're looking tired. Why don't you sit right on down on the throne of truth in the theater of Prienne. Paul has great taste.

After an allergic reaction which caused a swelled face Nikki, broken down bus, and lots of flu-ridden Jeru-crew we finally made it back to our hotel. Blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment