Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Taste of Turkey! - Day 6 and 7

Okay. Not gunna lie kids, this day was sooooo wet. Sooooo cold. And not alotta pics. Mmmtay.


Temple of Sardis 


Coooooool.


NOT CUTE. But it perfectly portrays the day. Mmmha. This is the gymnasium where men would wrestle covered in olive oil....naked. Ok i'm done. Sorry for the graphics.


Everyone had to wrestle. Me and Lindee were too cold. So what do ya do? Choke ya friends da death. Great.

BURSA!



This mosque is gorgeous! The calligraphy is ridiculous. Just look at et. Afterwards we explored the markets in Bursa. I don't know why I never take pictures when I go eat somewhere. I'm so stinking hungry I can't think. Dangit Anne.


The next day we were back in Istanbul! This is the original gate to enter into Istanbul!


Love Hunter. 


Original Hagia Sophia.


Lake Iznik with Spencer and Taylor

HAGIA SOPHIA! YA! YA! YA! YA!



HECK YA.


Where Ottoman Sultan would pray privately



One last look at the Blue Mosque and we went off shopping for gorgeous hanging lanterns and hand made Turkish pillows cases. :))


Last night in Turkey was a FISH dinner. Yum. I really do like fish, but not when it is staring at me helplessly. 

This is it Turkey! I must depart! I miss you. 

All I have to do to get back to Israel is get through airport security without having to be searched, avoid sitting in the middle seat on a boiling hot stinky plane, and get some sleep through my red eye flight.

OPE. Thas too bad. All that could happen. Did happen. I sat next to the stinkiest man of my life and my poor friend Sawyer on the other side of me was squished in a window seat. I sorry :( No air conditioning, no sleep, nothing that smells rightfully decent. I can say that it wasn't fun.

But the best part is coming home to the Jerusalem center and getting locked out of your apartment. Sitting on the cold, wet ground with your roommates with no sleep at 4 o clock in the morning lets ya know what being an hobo is like. Yeah it's great. 

But all in all. I loved every second of Turkey! I admire Paul for his tenacity to preach the gospel to the people in Turkey. He is truly an inspiring man. I hope to be a lot like this man while I serve the Lord in Japan. 

1 comment:

  1. hagia sophia!!! probably #1 on my TO SEE list from art history

    ReplyDelete