This post is called March Madness. Not because of sports. But because this month has been insanely busy. Now. If you would allow me to catch up on 3 weeks worth of blogging. Ahem.
SHEEEEEEEP. Thas right. We went to Neot Kedumim, that is a national park that has things really similar to the things in the Bible. Herbs, sheep, wells....they got et.


I ran in the Jerusalem Marathon on March 1st. Notice I say IN the Jerusalem Marathon. Cuz I ran the 10K part. Maha. Here I am with my lovely roommates. Jennie, Ashley, and Aubreigh. Ash and Aubs are going to Brazil on their missions! Woooo yeah!
SHEEEEEEEP. Thas right. We went to Neot Kedumim, that is a national park that has things really similar to the things in the Bible. Herbs, sheep, wells....they got et.
I'm the one flailing my arms around trying to keep them in line. Yeah. That's right. I'm outdoorsy. We had to take them through an obstacle course. Hardest obstacle course of my life. Them dang goats kept on trying to get away from meh.
Now it's the ladies' turn. We didn't do half as good as the guys though. Thas sad.
Then we went camping for an afternoon. Kinda. We made home made pitas (when i say home made i mean....they gave us water and flour and said make pita. uh. okay?), lentil soup, and something else.....awkward. Ok moving on. As you can see I was in charge of lentil soup. So stinking good.
Oh mom. On a side note. You know how I can't even handle green onions without crying? Well I cut like 5 yellow onions without a prob. Cha-chang.

I'm serious when I say these are some of my most favorite people here. We basically had to take dishes out of an abandoned shed and use them to cook with. Some sketchy dishes I'd say. But we were considerate. We washed them after. Thas what the mormons do ya know.
A Torah scribe came and read to us an original Torah scroll. It was cool to see him!
We then went to a field to be shown how they farmed back in the time of the Bible. But wait.
We then went to a field to be shown how they farmed back in the time of the Bible. But wait.
It's olive press time kids. You bet I pusheded that thing around town.
My companion Jenessa got her mission call that night to Jacksonville, Florida! Woooo yeah girl!!!!
That night for FHE we got to play the largest organ in the Middle East right here in the Jerusalem center. Right here is the moment that I wished I had practiced piano more after high school.
Brother Squires left for two seconds to get music to play....we all then thought it would be a good idea to pull out all of the plugs and play the loudest notes on that thang. It was way too fun.
We started and decided to enjoy our part of the world on the way. In other words, we got tired and walked like half of it. Hey it's not my fault you can't train here. Ya have to have like a security squad go with you where ever you go when your outside.
Jerusalem is insanely beautiful and I get to say that I live here. :)
It's totally awesome to think that it is normal here to see shepherds and their sheep hanging out.
We finished and got a medal. Yeah. I feel good. Heh.



No comments:
Post a Comment