Saturday, October 11, 2014

Anne's email 10-6-14

Hey y'all what's up!? First of all I adore my new area to pieces and I am pretty sure that I am going to be finishing my mission here which I am happy about. :) but let's get down to how it all went down in my Okegawa. It was crazy busy trying to say goodbye to everyone but we managed to fit it all in on Tuesday and Wednesday. I don't know why but I am so blessed to have known the most awesome people in the world here in Okegawa! Little ghetto Okegawa, I love it!

 On Wednesday night we had out english class and everyone and there kids were there basically to see the leaving missionaries. It was so hard and they all were so kind and showering us with gifts and stuff. Sister Horito said, "it feels like my birthday!" Our ward mission leader was in tears when he said goodbye to us, dahhhhhh he rocked! I am going to miss this ward so much! Asako and Rintaro stayed up way past rintaro's bedtime to say goodbye to me before I left he next morning. She is so sweet, I know her husband's heart will be softened soon so that she can be baptized.

 The bishopric gave us all blessings before we left and it was so kind, I blessed to understand all of his japanese he used in the blessing and it was really comforting. I thought it was so cool that I got a blessing from my dad and one from my current bishop within the same week. The Lord was really showering his blessings on me. The bishop blessed me to work just like Paul in the scriptures until the end of my mission.

 I then went to Chiba the next day! I met sister Howe and she almost broke my back when she hugged me, reminds me of grandpa Burke and grandpa Mark and I love it. She is sooooo darling and I love her!

 We went to go introduce me to the new people I was working with and we were handing out english fliers at the train station on Friday night and this Filipina lady comes up to me and asks me to help her, she wanted to find a job and she said she just barely moved to Chiba the day before. I told her that I was new too and we would help her find Filipinos to help her find a place for a job. She said she was actually really interested in who we were and wanted to learn more, she said she wanted to come to our church and she came on Sunday and we taught her afterwards and she wants to learn more and she was hugging the Book of Mormon when we gave it to her! We are so excited for her!

 There are so many Americans and Australians in this ward it is freaky! They are all big and tall and terrify me. I feel like I am back in America! They have an English Sunday school and everything and I was having culture shock the whole time. Everyone speaks english and hey well, maybe someday I will learn japanese. Haha.

 We had a typhoon today and the mission home was warning us that it was going to be huge and we should stay inside. It wasn't that bad and now it is sunny. They got me all excited and everything. Well what can ya do. :) I love y'all and hope you have a great week! Love, Sister Staples


Helping Nina Shimai garden Monday morning, she forgot to put her teeth in that morning so she did this.





I love her soooo much!






Crazy english student of mine that I love to pieces. Oh Michiko!




My sweet Asako came to say goodbye to me and we cried and cried.




I am looking pretty rough, but who cares look at how cute they are!!!




Okada Shimai, found her December and she got baptized a month later, she is soooooo strong!




My favorite Murakami Shimai, I adore her, she was my best friend. She was a mom of four kids but she always took time to work with us.




Saying bye to yoshimi, Sooooo hard. Dahhhhhh! Don't worry mom and dad, we are going to come visit her




Our last night together in our japanese pajama pants.




My new companion

Meet Sister Howe. :) I adore her.














No comments:

Post a Comment