This is week two in the wonderful land of Chiba and I am loving it!
Just so you know this area is right next to my second area, Koiwa.
It's just on the other side of the Tokyo bay. My area is mostly
city.........houses.......and more houses. I am sure if you look it up
on google you could get a good look at it. But I really love this area
and the members are darling. Lots of foreigners live in this ward and
everyone and their dog speaks english.
This last tuesday was so fun! We made gyoza with Rika chan for lunch
and it was so fun! We introduced her to what we do as missionaries and
she was asking us tons of questions like, "who is Jesus Christ, who is
god, and how can I know if they are real?" It was so good and she is
said she was going to come to general conference that would be playing
at the church this weekend.
We met with Jacqueline that night also for dinner, she is the Filipina
that we met who we gave the Book of Mormon and came to church last
Sunday. Well she ordered squid ink spaghetti and it was like a mass of
black tar all over her poor pasta. Sooooooo gross. She offered for me
to try it and I was going at all costs to avoid that stuff and she
finally talked me into it and it tasted like a burned up tire and I
never want to eat it again. Siiiiiick. But hey, on the bright Side, we
had a good Book of Mormon study afterwards. :)
On Wednesday we watched women's conference with a less active,
christa, and she absolutely loved it! She wants to share the gospel
with her husband so bad and get married in the temple. She working on
her husband giving her permission for her to go and do his ancestor's
work in the temple. I love Christa!
On Wednesday night was my first night with Chiba English class and it
was so good! When we finished the class about 50 people were there
talking and a couple of them had questions about the church and we
brought them to the chapel and they were all really curious but too
scared to enter inside the chapel, (Japanese view of church has been
kind of tainted by media, they think it's dark, scary, lots of
candles, a scary cross, and weird voodoo going on) but a member gave
them a good nudge and they came in and sat down and sister Howe and I
played hymns for them and we sang songs together. They all had a
peaceful look on their faces and it made my heart happy that they know
that this place they come to every Wednesday night is a place where
they can come and feel god's love. We handed out a Book of Mormon and
got new investigators that night.
Thursday was zone conference and it rocked! I was all fired up about
the Christmas miracle we want to see. 100 baptisms in the mission by
Christmas! Wooooooo! I know we can do it! We are making a crane for
every baptism, temple ordinance, less active back to church etc so we
all can have a gorgeous collage of crane in our apartments. Cranes
represent peace and hope and that's what the gospel gives to us.
On Friday we had a lesson with a less active, Sashida Shimai, about
the plan of salvation and she is so wonderful, we are praying for her
husband's heart to be softened so she can come back to church. We also
visited Sister cooper and she is American whose husband works here in
Japan, she is so brave for living here and not knowing any japanese. I
admire her.
We had general conference this weekend in Japan! It was sooooo good! I
absolutely loved it! Being called to repentance is just great ain't
it!? We had investigators come listen to the prophet speak and it's so
amazing to see these people actually see a prophet of god and listen
to his testimony over TV. I love prophets! I love the apostles! Man, I
wish we had general conference everyday. But we do......in the Book of
Mormon! YOSH!
Well anyway I love you all and am so grateful for all you do for me.
I love you all so much!
Love, ステイ姉妹
That's an Asian elephant my friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment