Friday, May 16, 2014

Anne 5-4-14





Hello Family!



I loveth you all and am so excited to see you next week on Mother's Day! WOOOOO!!! MAX. You are FOUR YEARS OLD!?! You are so OLD. You little grandpa. I LOVE YOU! I heard you had a cake that had bulldozers and stuff on it. Now that is wicked awesome dude. Way to go!



Well family! This last week was great! President Budge came to Okegawa and we had interviews and it was really good. I got a lot of advice from president Budge and he helped me find ways to improve my work and help our investigators progress more. I learn so much from him; he basically brings heaven down when he speaks. It's crazy! We saw so many miracles that day because we following his guidance and counsel!

On Wednesday we had district meeting and my district leader had me give a training on how to pronounce Japanese right. It was kind of funny. We have a couple Japanese elders in our district and I look at them to tell me if I am pronouncing it right. All sorts of awkwardness when you pronounce Japanese wrong on a training you give about pronouncing Japanese right. WOOPS.

The last couple days of the week we focused on visiting less actives and members all over our area and we would dendo around their houses. It was so cool! We went and visited the ward mission leader's wife and she gave us a referral, her neighbor, and we went and visited her and talked her about our message that we had and we can teach her kids English. She said she would love to come to our church and we can all study together! We went the next street over and visited another member who at the moment had a friend visiting her. That friend had taken the lessons before from the missionaries and had just gotten busy and hadn't been able to meet with them since. But now she says that she wants to bring her kids to our kids English class and study about the gospel with us. Its amazing!





On Saturday night we went heart attacking to the members and less actives. The old bishop in our ward has a less active daughter who is 15 and he asked us to fellowship her sooooo we heart attacked her porch. Sister Kinghorn left her camera behind to see their reactions and it was so funny! They were doing their little Asians smiles with their cameras and it was all sorts of cuteness!





On Sunday night we had dinner with the bishop and his wife. It was a wonderful night. As you know their daughter died about a month ago and it was so heartbreaking for them. The other sisters gave a spiritual thought and they shared Mosiah 24:13-15 and they talked about sometimes The Lord doesn’t take away our burdens but he strengthens us. Araki Shimai opened up to us about how hard it was for her to loose her Marina. But she said, "My burden is so much lighter" She says that she trusts in The Lord and what he has in store for their family. I was amazed by her strength and faith in the Lord's plan for her family Araki Bishop was so sweet in his testimony. The spirit filled the little living room in which we sat, my heart was strengthened last night and I am so grateful to be able to work with such a faithful family and bishop.




Sister Owens called me last night and she said that one of our investigators in koiwa is getting baptized in a couple weeks!! Fumiko is getting baptized! I am so excited!





I love you all and am excited to see you next week!



Love, Anne!!

No comments:

Post a Comment