Friday, May 23, 2014

Anne 5-19-14

KONBANWA from Japan. (AKA Good Evening!)


This week we have been crazy busy so this is going to be a short one.


TUESDAY: We went to the temple it was great. We had a big earthquake during the endowment session that was slightly....terrifying but then I thought. I am a missionary in the temple..... Yeah this is a totally okay position to be in during an earthquake people. It was a hot rainy day and it is just getting hotter and hotter!


WEDNESDAY: We rode our bikes to Omiya (two hour ride there and back) I feel like my thighs are going to fall off.


THURSDAY: Zone meeting is Sakado and I found a freakishly prepared person who I read the BOM with on the train and was going to refer to the Sakado Sisters....she wrote my phone number down wrong on her phone and got off the train.....I am still kicking myself. DAAAAAAAHHHH.


FRIDAY: We had a crazy awesome lesson with Katou Shimai who got baptized in February. She is leaving to go down to the Nagoya mission to get a teacher training for a month. She was thinking that she doesn't have time to go to all three hours of church while she was there and asked if it was okay if she didn't go to relief society. I promised her that if she went to all three hours that she would pass her national teachers exam. When I got home I was having a panic attack, SHE BETTER PASS THAT TEST.

SATURDAY: We proselyted with Julie (A girl in our ward who is going to Brazil in two weeks, she is half brazilian too) in Omiya. It rocked! She totally thought all the things I was doing was crazy. We were doing SMILE dendo and we had a poster with the word smile on it as we walked down the street. We got a lot of people curious about who we were. Julie thought I was nuts for a while and she was really anxious and nervous about talking to people. I stopped someone on the street named Tomoko and complimented her earrings and Tomoko asked us what we do and looked at Julie to take over. Julie was so nervous as she started to testify but she got more and more confident as she went. After we talked to her Julie had a wonderful smile on her face and she had tears in her eyes as she said, "She was so special... She was so special." I could tell Julie got a confirmation. that day that going on a mission was right, I am so proud of her. We have an appointment with Tomoko this week. :)


SUNDAY: WHAT MORE DO YOU EXPECT? IT'S SUNDAY!!!! :))))


I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!


LOVE, SISTER STAPLES!


P.S. Elder Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve and Elder Maynes of the Seventy is coming to Tokyo on Saturdayto speak to the Tokyo and Tokyo South Missions. SO EXCITED!!!


:)



All of Ikeguchi Shimai's old companions.



Classic Companion Pictures at temple



Ikeguchi Shimai, my trainer, is GOING HOME. NOOOOOOOOOO.



Lunch after the temple with Tina who came from Koiwa! TINA!! (Very back middle) All the sisters that have ever taught her and their companions are in this picture.





Saitama West Zone Sisters!





Doing work with Julie! She leaves for Brazil in 2 weeks! Terrified as you can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment