Everytime we bike out to go visit a member we meet so many wonderful people on the way and a lot of them have interest in religion. It feels so good when we go visit the members and ask them if they have anyone who they want us to visit around their homes and then we pray with them that we can find those people who are ready for the gospel.
We went and dendoed at Funabashi on Tuesday and we met Arimura who is Buddhist but has a big interest in studying religions, she was planning on coming to church today but this morning we got a call from her and she said that her friend who has cancer had to go to the hospital and she needs to be with her. We told her we would pray for her. She called again a little later after church and she said that her friend had just passed away. It was so sad to hear! But she said she had a feeling that she needed to call and tell us. She thanked us for our prayers. We think that it is a perfect opportunity to teach her about God's plan for his children after this life. When she is done with the funeral and other things this week we are going to meet with her and talk with her about Heavenly Father's plan for his children.
We had Tina, a recent convert, come with us to sky tree on saturday to make gyoza with one of our investigators',Kanae, apartment and we taught her about the plan of salvation. She loves it! She thinks that it makes so much sense. I extended the baptismal invitation to her and she said that if she were baptized it would be really hard because no one in her family is Christian and it would be difficult living that way because it goes against the culture of her family. It was disappointing but it will probably take more time with her. After that we went to the RS president's house and the Ward mission leader's house and it was wonderful! We got a whole lot of names of the women in the Relief Society who are lonely or need help and we are going to visit them. Our relationship with the ward mission leader is so much stronger now that we have prayed with him and his family. It awesome!
On Sunday we fasted so that we could see a baptism this month. Before Sister Clark and I broke our fast we knelt down together in prayer and pleaded with the Lord that we could help bring souls unto Christ. When I started that prayer I felt an overwhelming feeling of love from Heavenly Father. His spirit is always about us and we are doing His work. I want to do it His way, it must be in His timing though. I am striving to be as humble as I can be to accept all of God's will. It can be hard to have complete faith all the time that his will happen, but I am praying more than I have before. I love this work and the joy it brings.
I know that God is in the Heavens. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I testify that the gospel is my more important than anything. I love my Savior. I love to feel his goodness and comfort. Thank you all for who you are.
Love, Sister Staples
Gyoza with Tina and Kanae!

Our investigator Aoki has interesting English. But I love her :)

We dendoed here. The busiest intersection in the world. DAAAAAAAAH.

No comments:
Post a Comment