This week has been pretty good! We went to the Tokyo Temple on Tuesday. When Sister Clark and I were sitting in the Celestial Room together and all the missionaries in the mission were in there with us. (I will tell you that it was a tight squeeze) I felt so much peace after I had renewed my covenants with Heavenly Father. President and Sister Budge were standing in there with us and they were hugging all of the missionaries and making every single one of us feel loved. It is so tender and wonderful to be able to attend the temple every six weeks. So blessed!
We went on exchanges with the sisters in our area this week and I got to be with Sister Hamula! Her and I were in the same apartment in the MTC. I love her! We had so much fun! We went to Funabashi which is the station right next to the bishop's house and we saw miracles! We got tons of phone numbers and we handed out Book of Mormons and we handed out tons of pamphlets! It was so awesome because we did not have to advertize for our english class at all! It was just pure preaching the gospel. Because that was what the Lord wants us to do. PREACH MY GOSPEL. Not. PREACH MY FREE ENGLISH CLASS! No. It felt good just to testify. It can be hard trying to balance the free english advertizement and the gospel. The mission gets the most baptisms that come first from the free english class that we teach at the church. The Lord always tells us what to do first though. The Lord knows how each person is going to be converted. It's wonderful!
I had my 6 month mark on thursday. aklfjoepjfoqifpewijradlskfjpoidsf. Time stop. Please. Stop. I just want to live in Japan forever.
We went on exchanges to Urayasu this last week, (it is the area with Disneyland in it!) and we did Kid's English class also known as Kodomo Eikaiwa and this weeks theme was pirates! We made pirate hats and went on a treasure hunt up the stairs to the picture of Jesus! There was candy and Book of Mormons waiting for them! We taught the kids that Laman and Lemuel were kind of like pirates to the brother Nephi and how Nephi was so good and always prayed to his Heavenly Father for help. I think that the kids are excited to pray now! Their parents were there and we gave them all Book of Mormons and we asked them to read it. It was really awesome!
Yesterday during Church. Oh my goodness I just love the kids here. They kill me. During Sacrament when everyone was getting new callings and were standing up for people to raise their hands and stuff. There is this little boy (about 3 years old) who without out fail always raises his hand whenever they ask if anybody is against sustaining these people with the new callings. It is the funniest thing in the world when his mom is pinning him down so he doesn't jump out of his seat and raise his hand. It makes my day.
Last night was such a tender mercy for me. I have been really nervous about this transfer call, but all of sudden last night as I was sending scripture emails to our investigators I got this overwhelming feeling of love and gratitude for what the Lord has done for me in my life. I felt at so much peace! This morning's transfer call was wonderful and me and Sister Clark are going to stay together and work hard! I know that miracles happen everyday. I am so grateful that I get to be part of the Japan Tokyo Mission. It is the bestest mission in the world!!
I love you all!!! :)))
P.S. Happy Birthday Ms. Camryn darling dear. You make me so happy sweetness. You are so much fun to be with and you are such a good girl to your mom and dad. Keep on making me proud pretty lady! Happy 2nd birthday!!
Love, Sister Staples!
Lunch with Kaneda Shimai. She is the most darling woman in the ward!

Us after dinner at the Yamada family's house. Yamada Shimai loves her stuffed animal pets. I think she truly believes they are real. Everytime we go over. We have to take a picture with the stuffed animals. :)

Sister Clark and all her companions she has had!

Sister Clark and I at Temple P-day! We did a photo booth thing. Japan does photo booth at a whole different level!
No comments:
Post a Comment