Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Anne 2-19-14



Hi all...




This week was really good with our investigators! We had a lesson on Wednesdays with summer and we taught her the restoration. She had tons of questions about the nature of god and why we have so many churches. She doesn't really have a strong concept of Jesus Christ. She just grew up with the idea that science explains everything so she had no need to learn about him. It really made a lot of sense to her that we are all in a fallen state and we need a mediator to help bring us back up. She loved that! She felt so much more peace about the idea that even though she is human and we all are, we all can be given a resurrected body and be given a chance to live eternally with our families. She says it's going to take a whole for her to learn all of this and it's hard because she is having her surgery on February. 24 so hopefully that will all go well.

Lucy has been doing well she has returned home and is studying really hard for her big high school entrance exam. It is getting harder to meet with her but her desire is so wonderful! She and Renee came to church on Sunday and all of the yw just took such wonderful care of them. One of the yw is actually friends with runa from school so it is perfect! They went to the seminary opening social right after church and were having a good time running around church. They didn't even need us, I felt like a hovering mother over them a lot of the time. Our girls are all grown up and don't need the sister missionaries they have awesome member missionaries. I was just walking around the church while our investigators were running around with the members having a great time and I was like, what is this!?! My baby girls are all grown up!

We had our first lesson with arimura on Sunday and we walked with her from the station to he church and with Yamada Shimai we gave her a church tour. It went really well and she has so much desire to learn and she is so loving. We gave her a Book of Mormon with a member's testimony in it and she humbly accepted. It actually took a while for her to realize it wasn’t rude for her to take it from us, but once we got over that it was all good!



I am excited about this time and in this part of the Lords vineyard. I know that this glorious work is the best thing that I can be doing. I am only the Lords instrument. I am trying to be what he needs. President Budge has created a new diagram for the mission. We are making sure to say in every prayer what we can do for the Lord. Never what we want, but what the Lord wants. The sole focus is on the investigator and what Heavenly Father needs for them. I love it, I feel so happy and peaceful everyday. I love that I don’t get to focus on myself. When you lose yourself for the Lord, you in reality find yourself. I am understanding that more and more everyday.



I love you all so much. I thank the Lord everyday that I could have you as my family.



Love, Sister Staples!



Nice and sweatyyyyyy




Zone pday and ping pong-blow air at it style??




we made Chinese gyoza with our Chinese summer!




Homemade gyozaaaaaaaa.




dendo at sky tree with recent convert Tina!






No comments:

Post a Comment