10-27-13
Me: "I'm sick, I can't handle this. It's like a mid night premiere. NO. It's like I am getting my mission call all over again. NO. I am having a baby and I'm finding out if it's a boy or a girl."
The assistant calls and tell me my companions.
I hang up the phone. "IT"S TWINS!"
Vail Shimai: "oh congrats I am so happy for you!"
This week has been full of crazyness, a lot of tender mercies have come after our disappointments but I know that the Lord has a plan for each one of his children. We didn't have any baptisms on Sunday. But it's okay. I know for a face that Marjorie will be baptized in the next few years. She is young and doesn't completely understand how important baptism is yet. But she will gain that testimony soon I hope. Kaiyo is doing better with her tobacco problem but she is embarrassed that she can't drop smoking within in 2 weeks. It's very rare for that to happen. So we are going to have her move her date to a little bit later so we can take the tobacco issue a little bit more slowly.
But we FINALLY got in conact with Noriko! She has been in Hokkaido (Northern Japan) for the last couple of weeks taking care of her sick father and then was in the hospital because of her sickness (she is the same lady from the rainjacket experience). We taught her on Wednesday about the plan of salvation and she kept on saying, "I already knew this, I knew this was how it was before this life! This makes so much sense!" She was filled with peace and happiness at the fact that if her dad passes away she can live with him again! We moved her baptism date to November 17! We are praying for her. I have a really good bond with her and I know that she wants to be baptized really bad. We got a call on Sunday night from her and she was crying pretty hard and she said she had to go back to Hokkaido (I think her dad is passing away) and so we sang "I Am A Child of God" to her on the phone. We don't know when she will be back. I am hoping she is okay. Pray for her.
I guess I will start with what happened last Tuesday! We went to the Tokyo temple! It is gorgeous! The stain glass is gorgeous it has all the colors of the rainbow in it! It is definitely a stunning temple! I am so grateful that I can go to the temple on my mission. I am excited for when the new temple video starts playing there! The sister conference was wonderful afterward. I love all the sisters in my mission. I got to see Miyaki Shimai! She is doing great! She is speaking English in Tokyo! She has a baptismal date with one of her investigators in November 10 :)
I went on splits with the Oyama sisters on thursday and we housed around the Mafia's apartments. Yes the Japanese has a Mafia and they are quite terrifying men. But hey they need a chance don't they?
The funniest thing happened this week. Vail Shimai and I were riding our bikes to the Eki one day and I see these three women empying out their car that was filled with egglant. I'm literal here people. It was FILLED with eggplant. We stopped our bikes and helped them pour out the eggplant into bags and then they ended up giving us one of the bags. So we now have a year supply of eggplant in my apartment. Eggplant anyone? The ladies loved us so much and we told them we were volunteer english teachers and they begged us to teach them english. They invited us to their Halloween party (they are preschool teachers) and we went to it the next day and tons of mom's asked us to teach their kids English and they wanted to know what we do, so maybe we can teach these families!
This is the busiest week ever! I can't believe how fast time is flying!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU RUBY ANNE SWEETIE THIS WEEK! I love you honey and feel honored that we share my first name. :)
Brookie Mae. I am so proud of YOU! Tell me all about your baptism. How lucky are you that you get to be baptized in the same church as your mom and dad. :)
I love you all. I am sorry If i missed a birthday or an email to someone. You all rock my world. Happy Halloween!!
Sister Stai
P.S. Su-te-i-pu-ru-zu Shimai is too hard to pronounce in Japanese so everyone calls me Stai Shimai :)
Coming home from the sister's conference in Tokyo. The trains are slightly terrifiying. I am glad I am starting out here in lovely Utsunomiya!
Playing with the kids at the park in Oizumi yesterday. (Pday) love them!
last district meeting! I am going to miss some of these people transferring out!
We went to a preschool's Halloween party this last week. This little boy gave me a flower. LOVE HIM.
District lunch after district meeting! Food is toooooo good here.
Hey so this the bishop and his wife. THEY ROCK MY WORLD.
At the temple!
No comments:
Post a Comment