OHAYO GOZAIMASU!
How are my favorite people? I like yew :)
This week has been better with figuring out things and communicating with my companions. I feel like we are getting into the swing of things. A lot of the time Sister Ikeguchi says a sentence in Japanese really fast and we are all trying to figure out what is going on and I am trying to keep Seamon's Shimai calm when she doesn't understand and yet translate what Ikeguchi Shimai says and let her know that I am listening to her and that she is understood. I have a hard time not getting frustrated with myself when Ikeguchi Shimai is trying to explain something to me and when Seamons Shimai is trying to get used to missionary life, I am basically Seamon's Shimai's trainer. When we went to go get Seamons Shimai's bike last week I went on splits with Karube Shimai (a ward member that I adore!) for about half an hour and when I came back to the bike store Seamons Shimai and Ikeguchi Shimai looked exhausted and close to tears. I felt so bad that I wasn't there to help them. I know that we are all meant to be companions at this time to help us grow. I love them both dearly. Ikeguchi Shimai is a wonderful teacher and Seamon's Shimai has easily loved the people we teach and finds ways to show our investigators love. We had a lot of challenges this week but they were always followed by tender mercies and little miracles.
On Tuesday we went to Kaiyo's house to give her Vail Shimai's bike. We had gotten Seamon's Shimai's bike earlier that day and we met up and when we gave her the bike she was so grateful. She told us how she had read a lot in the Book of Mormon, which is wonderful! But she said it reminded her so much of how she needs to repent. She said that she feels her sins so strongly. (I later found out that she had just gone to the hospital to go see a counselor) She was just crying and crying to us. It was the saddest cry. She just wants a new life. I was so glad that Ikeguchi Shimai was there to help her, I said what I could to her.
We met with Marjorie on Wednesday night before Eikaiwa (English Class) and she said that she wants to be baptized. She doesn't know for sure if the Book of Mormon is true, but she thinks it's a wonderful book. She said that her investigating the church has been a cause for great contention in her house. There is a lot of tension with her and her parents. She said that she can still go to church she just wont tell her parents. We wanted to encourage her to be an obedient daughter and we taught her how important the family is to Heavenly Father but when she is obedient maybe her mom's heart will be softened.
We decided to call Noriko again on Friday to see if there was any chance that she was coming home from Hokkaido soon so that we could teach her and help her get ready for her baptism on November 17, (but she went there unexpectedly two weeks ago because her dad who lives in Hokkaido is very sick) we will probably have to move her baptism date up. But anyway, we called her and she said that she is in Utsunomiya right now! We were so happy! But she is very very sick. We are having the Elders give her a blessing on Tuesday and we will teach her about the Word of Wisdom and how it can bless her life. We are all really excited.
Sunday we called Kaiyo and she was crying when she picked up the phone, something was wrong. We hurried over to her apartment so we could talk with her. She is having such a hard time right now. She has loved the scriptures that we have been sending her everyday. But she is having challenges. We taught her about the joy of repentance. The whole time I was thinking of what I could do for her. I want to do my best to help her. I want her to understand how wonderful it is to repent and to come unto Christ. I know she feels my love but I want her to know God's love will always be with her.
Today we came over to Kaiyo's apartment again to teach her. We ready Enos 1 with her. I LOVE ENOS. I have always loved that Book of Enos. He only had a tiny part in the Book of Mormon but it has done so much for me and our investigators. We all read a verse aloud and it was Kaiyo's turn to read vs. 5. When she read it I could tell that she was touched. We taught her how wonderful repentance is. I then had her read Enos 1:27. I love Enos 1:27. And I promised her that she could have that supernal blessing if she went through the repentance process and was baptized. We set a new date for her onNovember 24. I am praying she can make it. I am praying that she her sickness won't prevent her from the glorious blessing of baptism.
I hope that I can be an adequate missionary for these investigators. I pray every single morning and night ferverently for them. I know that they are God's children. I always get this pressing feeling to do more for them, but I don't know what I should be doing. I almost feel helpless for them. Everytime I think of them during the day I say a silent prayer in my heart.
I found out when I am going home. WHAT? I just got here. Next week is my fourth month mark. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE CALM DOWN. Ya ain't getting rid of me anytime soon. The last day of my mission is Christmas Day 2014. I think I am going home that day or the day after. WHAT? Oh question. I know mom that you like to plan a year ahead. But Japan is pretty paralyzing cold in the winter. You can pick me up if you like. Or we could go later in the year when it is warmer and see the cherry blossoms in April or May, but I know that is more expensive if you have to take me back to Japan. I know New Year's totally rocks in Tokyo. Just do whatever you want. :)
All I want for Christmas is love and letters :) Oh and some nice warm socks and scarves. That's all. The kind I can wear outside to serve the Lord. :) But what I really would like most for Christmas is a baptism. :) Don't you worry about giving me material things for Christmas. President Budge has already got that covered. I am getting an Ipad mini by Christmas. WHAT? I guess missionaries are really starting to have to be in the world but not of the world.
Ikeguchi Shimai is from the Kobe Japan mission and she is hilarious. She is always making me laugh. Even though the language is hard sometimes we are always telling eachother how much we love eachother. My Japanese is really improving because of her and I am so grateful. Seamons Shimai is from Wyoming and is the oldest of 2 kids and is adjusting, it is challenging. I am trying my best to help teach her without crossing the line for Ikeguchi Shimai. But Seamon's Shimai can't understand anything Ikeguchi Shimai says, so it's the most awkward thin line EVER. Haha. BUT I LOVE THEM. They are what I need.
Thank you for all that you teach me. I am so grateful for what you all do for me. I love you so much. Your letters really do make my week! I am going to be honest we face way more challenges than we see miracles. But the tiniest of miracles charge me up for the day. I am so grateful for this hard experience. I know it will shape me into the a disciple of Christ that the Lord needs me to be after my mission. I love Japan.
Stai Shimai
P.S. I LOVE JAPANESE FOOD. Especially when Ikeguchi Shimai makes it. I don't know where it has been all my life. Except for the raw stuff. I could definitely live without that stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment