Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Anne 11-4-13



Oh man what a week it has been! I can't believe that all the things have happened. Most of the beginning of the week was just Vail Shimai and I running around everywhere trying to get last lessons in for her and all of our investigators. I miss that girl so much it hurts! It was hard for Vail Shimai to say goodbye to Marjorie, we all cried. While we rode the train to the mission home we had a good talk about life. She is such a strength to me. When we arrived in Tokyo I had mixed emotions, I was excited to see my new companions but I was so sad to see Vail Shimai go. I saw my new companions and I hugged them and welcomed Seamons Shimai to Japan. But then I had to say goodbye to Vail Shimai, we were both sobbing in the middle of dozens of missionaries running around everywhere in the mission home. It was so hard, but I know that she is going to do wonderful back home. She taught me so many things. One important thing that she taught me is you love every single person you come in contact with. She told me to envision people I loved when I talked to people on the street, I had a hard time going up to people and being natural with them on the street, I was too nervous. I remember one day when we were walking down a strip mall called Ori-n-Dori and she said, "Now go up to that woman over there and envision your Gram." I remember when I did talk to that woman and when I looked in her eyes I saw Gram and I saw the light of Christ and I poured out my heart to her of the love God had for his children here on earth. I had the most wonderful conversation with her. My heart was completely filled as I looked around me and saw the people walking up and down the street. I fell in love with Japan that day. I am so grateful for Vail Shimai, she really set the tone for what kind of mission I want to serve.

I picked up my new companions and brought them back with me to Utsunomiya. It's been crazy and we are still trying to figure out how to work with each other. I am constantly trying to translate for the both of them all the time. I have only been here 7 weeks. Oh my gash people. I have to be fluent now? But it is so good! I have learned so much about Japanese in the past couple of days of being companions with these girls. I am so grateful for this kick butt experience. My companion Seamon's Shimai is from good ol' Star Valley, Wyoming. Ha. YES! I am trying to help her get used to the huge culture shock that comes with going from Star Valley to Tokyo. It's kinda interesting and hilarious. But hey. Things will work out. I am trying my hardest to love my companions equally and to completely give everything to the Lord. I have learned so much about prayer in the past couple of weeks. I have never had such fervent prayers in my life. I pray to the lord every night that I can be a better companion to my companions and that I can make Ikeguchi Shimai feel completely understood all the time and that Seamon's Shimai doesn't get too homesick. It is going to be a challenge but I know through the Lord miracles can happen.

Yesterday we had a little boy in the ward get baptized! So it was good to see a baptism even if it wasn't Brookie Mae's baptism. It was a wonderful event! We all watched him get baptized and then we went back up stairs to the chapel to sing songs while Yuri Kun got into some dry clothes. We were singing and the earth started the quake. (We don't like to waste our time getting comfortable here in Japan) Seamon's Shimai looks at me and I'm like, "It's ok, it's small it will be over soon." But it was kind of a long small one and those tend to get bigger. I was trying to be completely you know, cool, for Seamon's Shimai. When in all reality on the inside I was like, "We are going to die, We are going to die. But hey I'm a missionary. WE ARE GOING TO DIE."

It ended up being okay, I am glad that Brookie didn't have to experience an earthquake on her baptism. Haha cuz Yuri Kun sure got one!

Thank you all for sharing your experiences with Brookie's baptism. It brought tears to my eyes. I got Brookie's baptism announcement on the day she was baptized. Love that girl and I love the example she is to all of her sisters, friends, and family around her. It sounds like it was an amazing event. I can't believe how much everyone is growing up!

Yesterday we found out that Marjorie's mom won't let her go to church at all anymore, it broke my heart. I truly felt godly sorrow. I was hoping that there still was a chance and I still am. But I know that Marjorie will get baptized when she turns 20. (Thats when you are considered an adult in japan) It really made my heart sad to hear about it. I love that girl and I want nothing more for her than to make this important covenant with the Lord. I know someday she will.

I am grateful for the hard days, they make me better missionary. I am grateful for the opportunity to love people on the street even when they reject me. I am grateful for my companions and what they teach me. I hope that I can be an adequate missionary for Utsunomiya. I am praying everyday fror the Lord to make me what he needs for that day.

I love you all and thank the Lord that you are my family everyday.

Stai Shimai <3

No comments:

Post a Comment