Tuesday, February 5, 2013

JORDAN.

First of all. May I just say, this field trip beats any field trip I have ever gone or ever will go on in my life. Nope, Hogle Zoo. No, Thanksgiving Point. Never, Salt Flats. You all will never compare to my beloved Petra. Sorry, not sorry.

But first, may I introduce my lovely roommate for this trip. THE Lisa Judd, my Old Testament teacher's daughter. She is 11 years old, is way more put together than I am. Seriously guys. She just sits there on her neatly made bed every morning watching me scramble and run around the hotel room frantically getting ready so I'm not late for the bus. I love this child. She literally is the best roommate ever. 



Here I am, about to journey through the canyon to the Treasury.



One of the gates before the Treasury. Can you guess what animal it was carved as? :))



There she is! Can ya see tha beauty through the gap? I might be teasing. It's because that dang thing is too beautiful for this moment. I will show ya laterrr.



This one will do for now, sometimes I go adventuring through New Kingdom tombs....you know.....when I feel like it.

Yeah uh best time of my life. Mom, I quit college. I'm going to be a bum in Petra selling camel rides for the rest of my life. Hey, you said do whatever makes you happy.



Just hiking up to the High Place. Yeah it's called that. 



Raegan, Me, Mikkel, and Sawyer hiking it up.



Sierrrrrrrra.



On top of the High Place. This picture does noooooo justice whatsoever. In the distance there are thousands of caves where Bedouin tribes lived in as well as tombs for the Kings.



Aubreigh has the tendency to sacrifice me on the sacrifical altar at the High Place whenever I bug her. Which is a problem for her. Cuz I'm her roommate. She can't get rid of meeeee :)).



So sorry bout the dust. Just happens sometimes in ancient tombs. Hunterissofreakinghandsome...what?



I LOVE AUBREIGH. She and I have been together since you know....before birth. Literally. Our moms were friends at Bountiful High back in the day. We happened to become roommates at the JC. Coincidence? I think so.

Are you kidding me? No it's not. Its divine intervention man. Jeeeez you don't leave things like this to luck. 



Jennie, Me, and Mikkel running up the mountain to the Monastery. Totally beat them dang people on those donkeys behind us. Boom roasted.



I adore these girls. Best roommates ever. I wish Ashley was in this one. Next time girl. Oh this is the Monastery. It is maaaaaaaassive. HOLY AWESOME. Literally, its holy. Maha.



I'm not sorry. I couldn't help this one.



Im horrifying. BUT. I was so incredibly happy. You wanna know why? 



CUZ I WAS RIDING ON A CAMEL THROUGH THE VALLEY OF THE KINGS TO THE TREASURYAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!



DUDE. IS THIS REAL LIFE???



The kid leading just wanted to be paid. Thas why he ain't smiling. But dude. I tipped him gewd time. He made sure I didn't die when the camel was galloping and throwing me erywhere.



AHHHHHHH. I just can't believe it. The Treasury. Changed my life man. Whoa baby. Oh the restored gospel too....you know.



K. I put way too many pictures up, but here is the summary. I reluctantly walked back through the canyon to a place where horses were waiting to take us about a mile back to the shops. (INDIANA JONES HAS GOT NOTHING ON ME AFTER THIS TRIP) I had never ridden a horse or a camel before this trip. But I must say the horse was quite a let down after that lovely camel. Sorry pony. I've done better things. This is my reaction when the man almost let the horse trot away with me on it....with no hands on the reins by the way. This all happened by 2 o'clock in the afternoon. HOLY AWESOME. Best experience of my life. More to come in Jordan 2.




3 comments:

  1. Holy awesome!!! My little sister in law is so much cooler than me!! I kind of died when I saw the picture of you on the camel. SO COOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and p.s. you're not terrible at blogging like you said. You're kind of awesome at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you!! I totally agree with Dana, my little sister is so much cooler than me! ALL CAMEL PICTURES...priceless and a little smelly :) Lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete