The Church of the Holy Sepluchre.
This lady right next to me has helped me so much since I've been here in Jerusalem. She is my roommate Ashley and I adore her. I don't know what I would do without her.
Tower of David Museum.
We had fun.
ARAB CULTURE NIGHT. WOOOOOOOO!
SO MUCH FOOD. So much happiness.
The night was full of....culture. Too much fun. Dancing. And enlarged bellies of food.
Okay. Most people are envious of our apartment and how freaking awesome it is. Well. All I really can add to that conversation is they're right. Party in 309.
OKAY. ARE YOU READY? FOR MY 20TH BIRTHDAY? ARE YOU? You people have no idea how long I have been waiting to be 20 years old. I mean it's never good to wish your life away. But this was one exception. I was tired of having to lie to people. This is me when I started college.
Cute boy: "How old are you?"
Me: "I turn 20 soon."
Cute boy: "Really? When?"
Me: "In a year and a half."
The time has come for me to be a truthful person and to say what is right in my heart and mind. Finally.
MOM. MY ROOMMATES SOMEHOW DID ALL THE THINGS YOU WOULD DO FOR ME ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!
Me and Brother Bench. He is the doctor here. Sweetest man alive. I love that I could share my birthday with him! Righteous!
I went to a Jewish synagogue later that night and got to sing songs in Hebrew with all of the people there to welcome the Sabbath for the next day. Awesome experience.
This is actually me after Arab Culture Night when I got a whole bunch of cards from my family. Mom, I think you would appreciate this happiness here. This is a card from you. Sorry I didn't wait til my birthday for that one. But sometimes your body does things without permission. Like tearing open letters and cards from the most awesome family in the world. I just went a bike before opening this. Don't judge.
It looks like I have no friends on my birthday. But I promise I'm cool. Or I like to think so. Here is everybody singing Happy Birthday to me that night. I was in a corner. I promise it happened. Please believe.
Probably one of the most sweetest things happened to me that day. When I walked out of my room that morning I saw a sign that said, "20 Reason We Love Anne." DAWWWWWW YOU GUYS. I have the best people in the world here. As I walked down the hallway there were signs one the wall that named off things that my roommates loved about me. They led all the way up to the Oasis. Coolest thing ever! I love you all!!
A couple days later I finally got my birthday package. This happened right after I came back from walking through an underground tunnel partially filled with water.(I will talk about that in my next post)Hence the homelessness lookingness. Now I know why they call it a PACK-age. Like a billion cards and presents were stuffed in there. I loved getting so many sweet cards from my darlings, also know as my nieces and nephew. I want to thank my whole family for all the love and support they have given me while I have been here. I would not want it any other way. I love every single one of you! I love my siblings and all that they teach me through their examples. Thanks mom and dad for this experience! It has been the best of my life. Thank you to my girls for there sweet handmade cards and love you have given me. I love you Maren. I love you Brookie. I love you Claire. I love you Ruby. I love you Camryn. And I love you little Reese.
And to my main man Max. Your little picture you drew me was fantastic. You are my favorite nephew. I love you little man.
Best Birthday Ever. <3






No comments:
Post a Comment