This week has been crazy busy and this next week even more! The work
is so amazing here in Okegawa and I never want to leave! As usual I
went on exchanges this week and I learned so much from all of the
other sisters and was able to serve them. I love them so much!
On Thursday I went to kawagoe with sister reeder and she is a bomb
missionary! It was so refreshing to go work with a missionary who has
only been a couple weeks and has such faith in miracles! I love her,
we were handing out fliers at the train station that night and a man
approached sister reeder and I could tell he wanted to do a little
bible bash with her at first. He spoke perfect english and he asked
her how long she had been in Japan for and she told him 3 weeks and I
got nervous for her and went over to see if she needed help but she
held her ground way good. She testified so strongly about the
importance of the gospel and how she knows for herself that this gods
church. His heart was softened by the end and he thanked her for doing
such a wonderful thing in Japan and walked off. I was so proud of
her!! It reminded me that a simple genuine testimony can soften and
change hearts.
On Friday we had dinner with ryu at the church and she is so amazing
she wants to come back really bad but her husband isn't crazy about
church. Hopefully someday she can make that step, it's been tens years
but I feel like soon she will be able to make that step. We had so
much fun together that night as we played ping pong together. We ended
it with a spiritual thought about Heavenly Father. She had her arms
around little rintaro and smiled sweetly as we testified about gods
love for her family.
On Saturday we went to the Polancos!! We were so nervous before we
went over but they welcomed us into their home and we shared a message
about Jesus Christ and through him we can always repent and change our
lives. Daleska translated for us from japanese to spanish. She. Really
wants her family back at church. They are still keeping the
commandments and trying to pray together. The mom smiled during the
lessons and asked us, "can I really repent and start over again?" And
we promised her that we can have second chances as long as we use the
Atonement. It was such a spiritual night and we are excited and are
hoping to see them all come back to church soon!
Sunday was crazy! A lady I met last week came to church with her
little boy on Sunday and she had a wonderful time. The other sisters
in our ward got really sick so they went home early and we took care
of their investigators. One of them is mariyama and I love her. She
has a little bit of a mental issue with having hallucinations. During
Sunday school she ran out of class holding her head and we ran after
her and she was just holding her head and was curled up in a ball in
the hallway. It was so sad, we tried to comfort her, she was hearing
scary voices in her head. She had forgotten to take her medicine that
morning and so her disease was really hard on her. But the members
saved us. The bishop's wife came running up the stairs and she just
held her and talked her through it. She told mariyama about her
daughter marina (marina passed away about four months ago) and how she
has the same disease and she told her that everything would be
alright. The bishop and Kirigaya Kyodai gave her a blessing, it was
such a spiritual experience. You could feel the power of the
priesthood in the room as he blessed her and once the blessing was
over her body immediately relaxed and she was able to function again.
I think it was a miracle the Araki Shimai (bishop's wife) came running
up the stairs at the moment. The Lord knows his children and knows
what to do for them when they are crying out for help. It shows to me
the God knows us. I know that for a fact! We taught many lessons for
the rest do the day and I felt so blessed to testify to so many of
gods children of his love for them.
On Monday we went to Sakado to help the sisters there get tons of
people to church on Sunday because they also have made a big goal to
get tons of people to church also. It is really exciting. Today we had
temple pday! That is why I didn't write yesterday. I have the pictures
on my camera and I will convert them over next week! I have run out of
time kids but enjoy and I'll see y'all next week! I love you!
Love, Sister Staples
I went on exchanges with sister reeder! She just came to japan a
couple weeks ago and we had so much fun together. She is an awesome missionary! (She is Brooke staples friend)

I went on exchanges a couple weeks ago to kawagoe with sister Peterson
and we had a young single adult activity at 6 in the morning on
> Saturday. It was sooooo fun!

Baseball in kawagoe

Ryu came to church for the first time in ten years on Sunday. She has
been investigating forever but her husband hasn't given her permission
to be baptized. She is amazing and we love her! We can feel that soon The Lord will answer our prayers!

Some of my most favorite kids in the ward. DAH!
The face is for the children alright!?


Teaching the cuties some english!

We had all non member kids at class on Friday. There moms are so nice and we are excited to meet with them more to talk about the gospel

Daleska!! She is so funny!

We taught the Polanco family! It was amazing! Stacy (top left) wants to come back to church. I'm sitting next to Daleska. She rocks!

Lesson with yoshimi about the temple! It was amazing!

Kids english class. We learned about the names of the months this week!

Playing ping pong at family night with ryu's boy, rintaro. He better be a ballerina looks at those toes!

One of my old investigators in UTSUNOMIYA got baptized yesterday! Yay Inoue!

IT WAS NUTS

YOSHIMI!!

I was innocently taking a picture....then a got a new friend!


No comments:
Post a Comment