Sunday, July 20, 2014

Anne's email 7-7-14

おはようございます!
O-ha-yo go-za-i-ma-su!
Good Morning!

That's for you mama friend! Face throwing a kiss

Well it's been another great week in Okegawa as usual. We were standing in the church parking lot and I felt an impression to call Katou Shimai, (she is a recent convert but has been out of town for a little over a month and hasn't been to church in a long time and I was really nervous that she was going inactive) she never answers her phone usually and she picked up the phone immediately.  She told me, "I don't know why but I knew you would call me today and that I needed to meet with you tonight. Can we have dinner together and have a lesson?" I told her that sister Brumley and I were impressed the night before to make time to meet her that day because we knew that The Lord wanted us to meet her, we didn't know how it was going to happen or if she had time from her job but we knew he would make it happen. And he did! We met and had a wonderful discussion and we committed her to read the Book of Mormon every night.

On Wednesday sister Brumley and I gave and training at district meeting and then jumped on the train to go to Sakamoto Shimai's house. She used to live in Koiwa and I knew her pretty well when I was working in that ward. She was so excited to see us when we came over and we played with her daughter while she finished up making lunch and we got to talk to her and get to know her. She says she wants to go housing with us to introduce us to all of her neighbors and invite them to english class and church! We are going to set up another time to go do that with her!

A lady we met on the street a little over a week ago invited us over again to talk about the gospel. Her husband is not a big fan of Christians and won't let her come to the church or to english class but he lets her meet with us because he thinks we are nice. We came to her house on Friday and taught her about the plan of salvation. She asked us so many questions about church and said she wanted to go. She said when she was little she wanted to go to church but her mom wouldn't let her. You can tell that she wants it so bad. We are going to keep on meeting with her and continue to help her feel the spirit so maybe eventually her husband will see it and his heart will be softened to it.

We went all over visiting less actives and members on Saturday and we visited a less active named kurozaki Shimai and her husband was also against the church and won't let her go on Sundays. We shared a scripture with her Moroni 7:3 and she loved it. She says she wants to come to church really bad but told us to come over again, then we could hear her husband shouting from the back of the house and she had to run back inside and we ran away so he wouldn't see us and be upset with her because we visited her. We are going to talk to the bishop about if it is a good idea to visit her again or not.

I bore my testimony to the ward on Sunday in sacrament meeting and I told them they were my favorite and they should keep it a secret and we were all laughing and the spirit was so strong there! We had dinner with the ward mission leader last night and his family and the Sugawara family came too. We taught the little kids about prophets and who their favorite prophet is in the Book of Mormon. It was cuuuuute. My heart was so full and I just felt so much love towards the members. 

We just got back from lunch with yoshimi, she is the woman with the baby that we always out up on facebook. She is amazing and we are so lucky to know her. I can feel a warm spirit whenever I am around her and I feel god's love so easily. We showed her our baptism pictures and pictures of us going to the temple. I showed her a picture of all of us at Jordan's wedding and she loved it! We talked about when we make promises to god we are given such amazing blessings. I told her of how I felt when I was baptized by Jordan. And I felt the spirit testify to her that what I felt at baptism could also happen to her. Me and sister Brumley looked at each other and she said, "do it!" And I extended the invitation for her to be baptized and she smiled and nodded her head and said that when she feels this message is true she would. We felt so much joy! After we extended the commitment she looked down at her baby boy in contentment and that is the picture we have on facebook of her. 

We had transfer calls this morning and me and sister Brumley are staying in Okegawa again for one more transfer!!! We will continue being sister training leaders and have lots of work to do. The Lord is so good to his children. I am so deeply moved at how much tender mercy and love he has shown me this transfer. We haven't had a lot of time to work in our area but The Lord has consecrated our time and we have seen tremendous miracles. 3 people working towards baptism, less actives to strengthen, and families to get to the temple. What a marvelous work!

Love, ステイ姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment