Sunday, April 6, 2014

HELLLLOOOOOO AMERICA!!!!

Anne 3-24-14


HELLLLOOOOOO AMERICA!!!! AND KONICHIWA FROM JAPAN! 日本からこんにちは!


This week I went on exchanges with sister clark. Just like old times and it was wonderful. She taught me so much and I am so grateful to have such amazing examples in my apartment with me. I love Sister Clark and Sister Taketomi!


On Wednesday we had zone meeting and the trainings a were so inspired. They all emphasized that even though they might not present the trainings perfectly, they know that the trainings come from our leaders and that when we follow what our leaders train us on God has the bless people. The circle of revelation! I love it! It shifts from the missionary to the investigator. It makes me realize how important it is to just always focus on the investigator even in personal time. I was thinking about our investigator Summer this past week in personal time and I started to go through my notebook and I found some notes that I had written down during personal study a whole ago and I found the scripture 3 Nephi 17:8 and I know she had been struggling with the idea if she could have enough faith for The Lord to heal her body and let her over come her cancer. She would always say to us. I don't know if I have faith I don't know if it is strong enough!


I hurry and threw the scripture in a text and sent it to her before we went to bed and the next afternoon she texted us and said that she read the whole chapter and that she loved it so much! It gave her so much comfort. Even if you have a desire to believe or have desire to have faith, it is enough for The Lord.


On Thursday we had a dinner appointment with Aoki and it started out really good. She made us all of this really good food in her tiny apartment and it was so sweet of her. She said that she loved listening and singing to hymns and so we started out with singing all together, I Stand All Amazed and she loved it! The Spirit was there...


On Friday we had a 45 minute bike ride to see one of our investigators and have a first lesson with her. We got to her apartment and we found a note on her mail box and she said that she can't meet with us because she doesn't deserved to be saved because she caused the death of 2 of her best friends. It was quite a shock but we both felt so strongly that we needed to keep on coming back and teach her. I know that Heavenly Father is so mindful of her.


On Saturday we had our Music Concert at our church. That whole ward was part of it and tonnssss of people all over tokyo came! We have some of Tokyo's best opera singers in our ward and it rocked! Sister Taketomi is like Japan's Carrie Underwood and knows how to sing it loud and proud. And she asked me to sing a little solo at the end of a song we were going to sing, 'I Know That My Redeemer Lives' and I made it clear to her that the last time I sang a solo in front of more than 20 people was when I was in Junior High and I cried behind the violins for a good 30 minutes afterwards. But I knew our investigators were going to be there and I had to make it a spiritual experience for them.


Summer showed up to the concert 2 hours early on accident and I felt so bad! But it was so good for her, she got to sit in the audience and listen to people practice before it started and she felt the spirit so strongly. Sister Owens is such an amazing singer and she sang, "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul." And Summer just cried and cried because she was so touched by the music. It was so wonderful. When it was all the missionaries in our ward's had our turn to sing we went up to sing the song I wanted to pass out so bad. Sister Ikeguchi (my trainer) was there with some of her investigators and I saw her and it gave me some comfort. So I sang a little solo in front of a good 150 people, It wasn't pretty but I got to see Summer's face afterwards and she was just beaming and it made it all worth it.


Yesterday after church we made Summer an oreo pie! (it was the pie mix you sent me for christmas) She loved it when we gave it to her and said she felt ready for her second surgery, which is on wednesday. I just love her so much!


I am so grateful to be able to serve these wonderful people!


Love, ステイ姉妹



I love my Japan <3



We see this man everyday walking down the street in front of the
church. We call him the Muppet Man. He looks like the man in the
muppet movies. Do you know the Muppet Man? He lives on Nishikoiwa lane.


No comments:

Post a Comment