Thank you for all your love and everything you do for me, I am so incredibly blessed! Our ward saw another baptism this week! I wish I had the pictures to send you but I can get them next week. Shiratori (the other sister's investigator in our area) was baptized! She was radiant! I got to teach her once and she was so amazing. She would take notes in every lesson and was just so prepared! All the sisters that have ever taught her (who are still in the mission) came and sang "I'll Find You My Friend" at her baptism and she just cried and cried because she felt the spirit so strongly, the song talks about in the pre-existence we were all friends and we promised to find each other in this life and bring the gospel to each other. She loved it so much! She was so humble as she entered the water and I am amazed at her faith.
On tuesday we had a lesson with Aoki at the Yamada family's house. It was good and she was really interesting in learning everything but she was very curious about the Adam and Eve and agency thing. It was so in depth and it was really good but her heart still was not open to it. We invited her to shiratori's baptism and she came and watched it and as I saw her face during the baptism and after and you could just tell she felt the spirit so strongly. I asked her how she felt and she said she felt a warm feeling come over her and she just felt so good and i told her that it was the spirit. When we were singing songs in the chapel after the baptism she felt the spirit so strongly, but then I notice she was talking herself out of it in her head. By the time the baptism was over she was kind of closed off again. We had an hour lesson with her afterwards and she was still closed off about baptism. We arent quite sure what else to do at this point. We know that she is on the edge of finally accepting it. We are thinking it would be cool to take her to the temple grounds and showing it to her. Since she is strong Buddhist I think she will love it. Buddhists dig the temple. They love an idea of the temple. (Aoki is the investigator that has received a "buddhist baptism" and says that it is completely impossible for her to get baptized or else bad things will happen to her)
We also met with Summer this week and she wants faith so bad! She is so into knowing if God is really there and if Jesus Christ really is the Son of God. She says that she doesnt have the much faith and it isn't very strong, but she is so strong. I just felt this week that no matter how long it takes with her I know that she will be baptized and I just know that God has such a wonderful plan in store for her, even though her life has many trials (her cancer, her only daughter living far away in China) and she has to have another major surgery in 2 weeks, I know that it will happen, and she will make that covenant with Heavenly Father. Her and her daughter and whole family will be sealed together. I just know it!
We saw Lucy on saturday! It was such a tender mercy! We have no way to contact her and we have been writing notes for the Young Women to give her to at school but other than that it is only by chance she shows up to church. We were housing on saturday and then Sister Owens was like, "LUCY!" and I flip my head around and I see her walking down the same alley way as us. I bout pounced on her I was so happy! It was so randomly miraculous! We never go down that alley way! The Lord really gave us a boost that day.
In a week or two all of us missionaries are getting Facebook, I was really sad about it at first, but then I released how good it is going to be with missionary work! I can keep in touch with old investigators so that they dont fall through the tracks and asking someone to be friends on facebook is so much less scary to people than asking them for their phone number and we can announce events on it and share spiritual messages with everyone. Its going to be wonderful! I just have one favor to ask everyone, please respect that I am a missionary and don't try and search me and talk to me, I haven't decided if I am going to use my old facebook or make a new one. The old one would be useful, but I feel it would be more distracting than anything, so I think that I am going to make a new one. No distractions. Please no one try and friend me on facebook. Mom, don't try and find me. Haha. It will all be in Japanese anyway so I don't know if people can find it unless they speak Japanese. I know that the Apostles have discussed this and President Budge has felt it would be a wonderful tool if used correctly. I know that this will hasten the work and that we can use it as a tool to help others come closer to Christ.
I love these people so much! They are incredible. They are all children of God and I know that He is showering down his love for them and I am only an instrument. It's so wonderful!
Love, Sister Staples
Lets go housing.....at the Buddhist Shrine! :)))

Wait for a train........oh her phone has got a FLIPPIN TAIL!
No comments:
Post a Comment