I am in Tokyo! I live in the Koiwa part of tokyo and it is a wonderful area, but extremely challenging with having to start all over. We have had some pretty interesting experiences with people. People in Tokyo are a lot more fast moving and not as polite, but it is still good. When we were walking down the street a couple days ago this old woman came up to us and said we were cute and then she slapped Sister Clark in the face and then she looked at me and I tried to duck but she got a good wack at me, we kinda half ran away.
I love my new companion. I love that I get to say companion. No more than one. What a breath of fresh air. Having 2 companions is dalkpfjpdoifjaoifjoeiwqj.
I don't have a lot to talk about because we haven't had an investigators so far. We are on the streets most of the day trying to find people. We are working on organizing our new apartment because we moved in with two other sisters. So there are four in the apartment. It was kind of a mess when we arrived so me and Sister Clark are organizing today.
I found out from Ikeguchi Shimai that Noriko quit smoking! I was so happy! But then I called ikeguchi shimai today and she said that Noriko says she has been apart of this one religion from Hokkaido and she can't get baptized anymore and it was sooooo wierd that she didn't tell us until now. I think she is getting nervous that's all.
My companion is from California, she has also lived in Japan for a couple years growing up so she is pretty good at the language. We live a couple stops on the train from the official Tokyo train stop. Our area is not skyscrapers but we are just in the part of Tokyo where most people live. Tokyo-tokyo is like straight business stuff. The ward here is HUGE. It is even bigger than a Utah ward. We had like 7 women come to my Utsunomiya ward but the RS in this ward has at least 40 women in it. It is crazy! Yes we still ride our bikes and use the trains. It is not fun at all moving luggage, but we get to have a man come pick up our bikes and 2 pieces of luggage and he takes it to our apartment for us so that is nice. I love my new area because streeting is always so good here and their are TONS of young families, especially ones who have just barely had new babies. It is perfect. I love it! I hope we stay here together for a while, I am tired of switching companions and resituating.
Sister Clark and I were going to go to Utsunomiya for Christmas to watch Noriko get baptized but we don't know exactly what is going to happen. I don't know what we are going to do. We just barely are getting introduced to the ward so things are in the air. I will make sure the skype gets figured out. You call my phone and call that first and then I will make sure by next mondayyou will have my skype email thing. Just don't worry about it, I will figure it out.
Sorry this email isn't that great, but I figure I get to see you all next week so things will be better. I am excited to see you all.
Love, Anne

No comments:
Post a Comment