Thursday, September 12, 2013

Anne 9-7-13



Hi Haha.


That's my mom in Japanese. Yeah. Cool. How is everybody doing!? Thank you so much for all the love I get during the week! I love you all!


Well I only have a little over a week left in the MTC and they are going to chuck me out into the Asian world. Oh my goodness. I just love those people. I know you all are wondering how you can tell a Japanese person from a Chinese person. Well Chinese people kind of talk........different.......they are constantly changing their pitch of their voice. They have to have different tones or else they might call their mom a horse. Yeah its crazy. It sounds like the ching chang chong hooooooonnnnnya. Hiyyeeeeeah. Ya catch ma drift.


Japanese, this will sound kinda wierd, but it sounds a little bit like spanish sometimes. It's like spanish with an asian accent. Haha. They sound a lot more gentle than most of the asian languages. There are always like 3 different ways to say something, its all a matter of politeness. If you want to hear what they sound like go to mormon.org and find the first couple of asian people on the people list and you will find them. Or go to tepanyaki's restaurant. Or for the best one go tolds.org and they have a new thing up that is called "A Great Future Of Hope" its all about Japan and it makes me cry every time. Their is a three part series. WATCH IT YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE! THE BABIES!!!!


Ah!!!!! I am going to Japan!!! I leave next monday morning, Sep 16 at 4:30 in the morning for the airport (woof) and go to LA and then I have a three hour layover that leaves for japan at 12:45 CA time. Hopefully I will be able to call you and dad before I leave on the plane. I think my flight is at8:45 am, so maybe I can give you a wake up call or I could just call you in LA. Just look at my itinerary I sent you if I am confusing you. I will have time to email you next week!


There is still so much to learn! I am so scared that I am going to offend someone or not be polite when I get there. When we were going to teach watanabe kyodai a couple weeks ago I accidentally knocked on the door 4 times, which means death is at your doorstep. I could hear him whimpering in the room when I did that and I quickly correctly myself by knocking on the door 10 more times. I don't think he trusted me a whole lot after that. haha. Teaching is going well and we are helping Nagashimada Shimai work towards baptism and I love to teach! It's going to be so incredibly hard but it will be so worth it in the end!


Oh mom you asked me a couple weeks ago if I could take a picture next to the MTC sign, well sad day, they took it down because it became a hazard because missionaries were running all of the road to get a picture there. Dangit. I will draw one up and take a picture with it! I am so excited to go!


Jordan! I watched the restoration video on Sunday too! Sunday night is righteous movie night here. :) I love that movie!! Righteous!


Mom, oh you know the package full of about I dunno......100 homemade oreos......you sent me? Yeah I am everyone's best friend and yes I ate myself sick and I don't feel bad about it. You win the academy award in the MTC for best mom ever! I'm sorry that you were so sock this week! That is no fun! Dad your dear elders make me cry cuz I'm laughing so hard. Love ya.


Ashley, Jordan thanks for the dear elders. They rock my world whenever I get them! Go Tanner and Dana!! Oh my goodness I can only imagine how hard it is to bike all that way. I hope you don't die. Cuz you know, I like you guys.


We got our Katakana tags this week! Or in other words! Our names are in Japanese now on our tags! Mine sounds like Sta-puh-ruhs. I think I'm going to give myself a nickname when I get to Japan. Haha. Like Stapa Shimai. Haha.


We have had Elder Anderson come and speak to us last week at devotional and it was really good! I have been thinking about a lot of things lately and we taught really Japanese people at TRC on wednesday! We skyped them! We taught one of the members about the importance of the sacrament. I always took the sacrament for granted when I partook of it. I thought about the Savior when I taught the Japanese member. I imagined what he was going for us in that Garden. He took a moment for each of us. He saw us in his mind and loved what he saw. He suffered for us willingly. I can't even imagine what kind of love that would take. I love my Savior. I thought about how we need to do the same for the Savior when we partake of the Sacrament. It is the least we can do. It is so hard to envision and understand the Atonement. But he saw us in that garden and atoned for us. We owe it to him to imagine him in that garden and be grateful for what he did. I love this gospel so much! Thank you for all that you do. I love you and most importantly the Lord loves you so much! Have a wonderful week!


Love, Staples Shimai






No comments:

Post a Comment