Tuesday, August 20, 2013

TIME TO MAKE THE JOURNEY WESTWARD. YEEEEEEEHHHHAWWWWW.

August 10
That's right your going to DISNEYLAND KIDS!! Oh boy I am so excited for you all! It's gunna be so much fun! Are you getting a beach house like you usually do? I need the nitty gritty details. I mean it. I NEED IT. To my main man Max. Make sure you get a picture with Woody and Buzz!! It's gunna be so cool to see them! Give them a high five for me! Yeah boy!! To all my sweet beautiful girls, hug every princess you see and just show those princesses what you got. Cuz dangit you all are fabulous.

You are probably driving at the moment, so hopefully my letter will be an entertainment for the ride! How is the whole fam doing?

This week has been full of ups and downs. But it has been good! Monday was AWESOME! We taught Nagashimada and she is so sweet and shy but we got to know her pretty well and we had the spirit with us as we prepared her lesson. She wanted to know how the gospel could bless her family and she felt like her family was so separated by being so busy and her husband was never home and her marriage wasn't looking too good. When we went in and asked her all about her situation she seemed really upset and Miyaki Shimai and I both looked at each other and knew that we had the right lesson for her. We showed her "The Family: A Proclamation To The World" and showed her how the gospel can heal her family. We talked about how when families are united together and when their lives based upon the teachings of our Savior Jesus Christ they can live togehter forever in the eternities. We had her read parts of 3 Nephi 18 and when she looked up at us she seemed to have had something click in ther head. I testified to her that the Lord was so mindful of her family and wants them to be successful. I started to name of every one of her family members and how God loved them. Kamisama wa Nagashimada ai shitemasu, is what I started with in my broken Japanese and I continued with the rest of her family and I looked up and she was crying and then I was like, "ah shoot." Then I started crying and then it turned into a spiritual crying fiesta. It was wonderful! After the prayer, which she offered (I was so proud!), she told us how she felt like a weight was lifted off of her shoulders and she felt like she was at so much peace. That is what the gospel can bring to each one of our lives. It gives us peace, when we abide by the Lord's principles and commandments we are given so many blessings. Our families become more united when based upon the Savior's teachings. I know that any families' sorrow or trial can be healed through the atonement of Jesus Christ. It is just up to us to partake of that glorious gift.

For the next couple of days we had been trying to prepare lessons and welcoming the new Japanese missionaries into our district! I got to host on Wednesday for all of the new missionaries that were coming in. The number of sister missionaries that are coming in has gone down a lot. I think it's because Elders that have just graduated are bombarding this place like crazy so they have to make room for them. I hosted this one girl from California who was going to Wichita Kansas and I remember when I sent her into the bookstore to go get her books she came out with this dinky little bag that had an english preach my gospel in it. I was like what the heck!? When I went in there I came out with a 15 pound bag full of Japanese materials. She asked me why all the other people were getting huge bags and she only got a PMG. I told her that those huge bags were for crazy people that need help like me. I think she felt better about going English speaking after that. Daaaang can you imagine? Being able to speak english on your mission? Lovely. Anyways I'm done day dreaming. JAPANESE!! WOOOOO!!

This week I saw something awesome in the cafeteria. A couple of handicap elders came next to me at the dessert counter to get some cake. The elder in the wheel chair couldn't reach the cake from where he was and his companion (who could barely stand without crutches) so kindly helped him. I stopped and watched how wonderfully those two worked together and how you could tell they had the light of Christ about them. When they were going back to their table the one in the wheelchair carried all of the food and the other elder slowly limped back with him. I was deeply affected by it and I knew for a fact that their mansion in heaven was already prepared for them. I promised myself that I would do whatever I could to become more like those two elders who served each other with such kindness and respect. I was so grateful for their example of serving the Lord no matter what obstacles came their way. I know that if we serve the Lord with all that we have in whatever calling we are given. We will blessed by it.

Miyaki Shimai and I are teaching the district lesson on Sunday and I thought I would share a little part of it with you all. We are talking about how to be able to recognize the spirit. I found a wonderful scripture in 1 Samuel. I forgot which one it was but it said something along the lines of "Speak Lord, They Servant Heareth." Are we living our lives in a way that makes us close to the spirit? Are we making sure we are putting ourselves in situations that can make it so the sweet and gentle spirit can whisper guidance to us? I hope that we all can live our lives in such a way that we can say, speak Lord, thy servant heareth.

I might be able to go to the temple next week!!! YAY!!! I am so excited! I didn't know that they made a new video for it!! Temples are great.

Well family!! Have tons of fun at DISNEYLAND!!! I wanna hear all about it when you get back! I love you all!!!

LOVE STAPLES SHIMAI

No comments:

Post a Comment